Hope Blooms

This past weekend we went away with our sunday school class for our annual retreat.
There's nothing I love more than laughing my head off and growing closer to the most amazing friends that I know. The place we stayed was surrounded by beautiful woods and filled with many deer....very tame deer. We must have seen a couple dozen everyday.
Good times were had by all and
personally, it was a renewed time for Dustin and I.


(missing a couple of faces in this photo)

Sunday evening, we came home to find two roses in full bloom amongst all my plants that were dead. This is the same rose bush that did nothing all spring and summer. Arriving fashionably late in this cool October month, it has now decided to spring to life! What a gift!


"Hope blooms like a beautiful rose amidst the thorns of life."
4 Responses
  1. Miss Debbie Says:

    So glad you had a good time and the rose is lovely! What a happy surprise!


  2. Brooke Says:

    Great group pic! So fun being together this weekend:)


  3. Anonymous Says:

    The most amazing friends you know?

    WHATEVER, JANELLE.

    We're happy over here in 33rd place. JUST FINE.

    You and your amazing friends enjoy your reindeer games, Sarah and I will be over here in the poop pile.


  4. Landis Says:

    haha oh shut up. You're not in the poop pile! I should have said "some of the most amazing friends we know" but I didn't realize you'd get your panties in a twist! ;) Besides you've banned us from your house the last two Tuesdays. That hurts.