|
Do you ever have one of those days where you're rushing around but you feel like you're ahead of schedule and you've got everything under control? You go to put on your shoes, along with your coat and look at the clock thinking to yourself, 'hey I'm gonna be early to my next appointment!' You get in the car where you're now sitting there able to relax and start processing things all around you. Then you look down at your feet aaaand realize you have two different pairs of sneakers on.... hmmm...
Luckily I was heading out to be with some friends that evening who laughed at my situation but could care less about my fashion fopaux.
Instead of 'one of those days' it's been 'one of those couple of months' that I've felt like two different pairs of shoes on my feet... if that makes any sense. Life seems to be flying by with it's busy schedule and I'm not always able to stop and look at the small details. To all of you who are feeling the same way, I challenge you to take a nap! And also take to heart Psalm 18:32-35 before you do so!
'It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect. He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; he enables me to stand on the heights. He trains my hands for battle; my arms can bend a bow of bronze.' You give me your shield of victory, and your right hand sustains me; you stoop down to make me great!'
Rest easy knowing you're surrounded by people who love you, Janelle! Dustin (of course), your pals (of course, again) and God (OF COURSE of course). ESPECIALLY on your two-shoed days.
What a comforting thought...we serve a great and gracious God. He knows our frame, and has compassion on us! Thank you for the encouragement, Janelle!
Yes, I know what you mean about time racing by and going in different directions at the same time. My elderly dad has had a major heart attack and hip surgery since Dec 26 and two weeks ago my daughter got engaged. So we are planning a wedding in Sept. My head started spinning just writing
that! :-) SO, thanks for the encouraging word... it was timely for me. I am a relatively new blogger and have just discovered your place... love the music. I'll be back. Oh, and that was a sweet post about your grandmother.
What a wonderful, caring God we have. Whether we have the same shoes on, or different ones...He sustains us, watches over us, and loves us with a love we can't begin to comprehend.
I'm with you on the busy part of life, my friend, but God knows that too.