Valentines Day & Toilets

This past weekend we went to Maryland to visit the lovely and spunky lady we call grandma.
It's been two years since my grandpa passed so we wanted to celebrate valentines with her.
What a strong lady she is. Always a busy bee with more energy than her grand kids. This is no ordinary grandma. This is a lady at 84 who has an iPhone and texts. A lady who still bowls, golfs, quilts, sings, plays bells, gets on the floor to play with grand kids, never misses a birthday, helps others out and is still one of the smartest card player I know. But we love her most because of her kind heart.

For awhile we've been hearing about how bad her toilets were and how she needed new ones. So what better way to say 'I love you' than replacing someones toilets.

Here she is trying out toilets at Home Depot.

(I know what you're thinking. She's lucky to have a granddaughter that always has a camera on her.)

We also convinced her to take out the carpet in her downstairs bathroom that's been their for 40 plus years... that carpet has suffered enough. We believe she was very happy with the results.

Before & After



We spent the remaining time doing what we do best.
Playing with nieces, chatting, eating food and playing heated card games.


Sisters




"Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts."
~Author Unknown






5 Responses
  1. Jeane` Says:

    I think that looks like about the kindest, most fun way you could love your grandma! I love the "after!", but I'm sure not as much as she does. And how nice, she was able to select a 'throne' that felt most comfortable.


  2. Every grandma in the world would love a tribute like this. How kind of you to share her with the blogging world, especially while she looks beautiful seated on "the throne":) Also, every grandma would wish she had such special, generous grandchildren like she does. Great post!


  3. Dale Says:

    Love in action! You guys are the best, and she loves you so much too! Thanks for sharing this fun trip with us!


  4. Miss Debbie Says:

    She sounds like a great grandma. If I reach 84, I hope I am that active. You and your hubby were certainly kind to take care of those things for her. It sounds you are all a blessing to each other!


  5. Pam B Says:

    Janelle - how wonderful of you and Dustin to be able to do this for your grandma....Blessings to you both!!!!