|
I've been slacking majorly with posting progress pictures. I believe the last project I posted was about the stairs. We are still enjoying them immensely! Now we are officially onto the last room of the house, the kitchen! Kitchens can be so expensive. My husband should know, he installs high-end kitchens every day. Instead of spending all our money on one room, we've decided to keep the existing cabinets since they are pretty durable. A little paint, and new counter-top, updated hardware, and a new floor will give it the face lift it needs without breaking the bank. Below is what the kitchen looked like when we moved in 2.5 years ago.
Well so far the drywall is done, the walls and trim are painted and ready to go.
Now we're starting to sand down the cabinets and doors to prepare it for paint.
Now we're starting to sand down the cabinets and doors to prepare it for paint.
Dustin also recently installed a pantry cabinet and extra storage space that we didn't have before. Oh the things we take for granted. I cannot WAIT to put my food in a pantry closet!!
I will be going from this....
(my "pantry closet" a.k.a. a plastic shelving unit normally used in a garage)

to this...
I will be going from this....
(my "pantry closet" a.k.a. a plastic shelving unit normally used in a garage)
to this...
Wow!! Great pantry! Lookin' good, guys!
The more before and after pictures that you post over time, on this blog, the more impressed I become at your perseverence, patience, and your extrememly gifted ability to create beauty in a house. I cannot wait to see it all. The pantry itself is amazing to me. Love seeing the progress. Just remember how long it takes for the oyster to create a pearl:)
yay pantry!