We've Come A Long Way...

I was going through some photos the other day trying to organize, when I saw this 'old' picture of our Christmas scene two years ago. This room is on the second floor. It's kind of an open area as you walk up the stairs. This room was our sanctuary...our only 'living' area at the time. All the other rooms were under construction. So it not only served as a living room, but also as a laundry room, eating room and office. Thankfully it did not serve as a bathroom. :/

I laugh to think that we actually invited guests over to hang out in this one room. But I believe it's not what your house looks like that attracts people to it, it's the people inside and the God that dwells in it that attracts people. The size of the picture is pretty much the size of the room. It was cramped yes, but we made the most of it. This makes me think of our trip to Haiti. The structures we built on our missions trip were one room tin houses and two room houses made from cinder block. And that was an upgrade to what they were living in before. So thinking back, to two years ago when we had to endure this one room, makes me see how good we had it.

(Downstairs in the actual living room)

I look at our Christmas scene today and I think about how tired I am...ha.  ...And of course how very thankful I am that the Lord brought us this far. And a little baffled at how we didn't kill each other with all the work and stress that comes along with remodeling a house. It's simple. "The Lord is good, a strength and stronghold in the day of trouble; He knows those who take refuge and trust in Him." Nahum 1:7 This could have been something that destroyed our marriage with each room we tackled. Instead, with much prayer and guidance from the Lord as well as grace for each other, and reminding ourselves that my husband/wife is for me not against me, it's made the marriage a force to be reckoned with. And that my friends is so worth all the hard work.


3 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    Love this post, Janelle!


  2. Dale Says:

    Me too...we are all blessed by your marriage and all that God is doing IN and THROUGH you.


  3. Jen Says:

    Amoung many other circumstances, remodeling a house will make or break a marriage! So glad the Lord used the experience to strengthen your relationship. You guys are such a special couple!!