|
What?! The kitchen is finished!? The last room of the house is done?!
Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh!!!!!
Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh!!!!!
Before
Once again, It's amazing what paint can do.
These are the same 50 year old cabinets in the 'before' picture. Still sturdy and in perfectly good shape.
All we needed was some paint, some updating and voila! A new kitchen for half the price.
Progression of Kitchen
Where have you been all my life!?!
I almost forgot what a dishwasher was until we finally installed one.
2 1/2 years isn't really that long without one but my wrinkly dish hands are
glad to have a break.
This was probably one of the most chaotic projects to do but God has allowed us once again to finish strong without finishing each other. The physical transformation of each room has opened our eyes to new spiritual transformations in our own lives. Do you want a challenge? Buy a dump with your spouse and fix it up... and see what amazing things will happen if you let the Lord do it.
Yes, we are proud of what we've accomplished in the house but we are more proud that we have accomplished it as a team. And that is worth more to me than the value of any house. Once again, a big shout out to the husband for bringing life to another room and inspiring me to work harder, to be better... and to have more dance parties in the kitchen!
"he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Philippians 1:6
I love it! It turned out great. I love me some beadboard!!! And the flooring is awesome. Now you have a pretty place to cook in! :)
wonderful job! so happy for you!
AMAZING!!! What a team you two are! Your decorating style is beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing this masterpiece.
WOW! It has been a while since I have checked your blog. The kitchen looks FABULOUS!!! You guys make a great team! I hope you can kick back and ENJOY your new home and use that kitchen to feed many hungry mouths and hearts! WAY TO GO!
LOVE this, Janelle!! I love the spiritual lessons you see in the everyday, too. :) Oh, and I love you!! The kitchen looks beautiful and I'm so glad you and Dustin have grown even closer together through the process. Can't wait to see you soon!
Well, you know how we feel about you and how you have reclaimed and renewed this home...but as you say, even more impressed at your determination to build your relationship in the midst of it all. Love you both so much...
Gorgeous!!! Janelle - you and Dustin are truly an awesome team. The kitchen is beautiful, and as always your talent for decorating shines. I think this final room being done calls for a house warming party!!!
Jen
OH MY WORD!
Just saw this today.
Beautiful! Congratulations! I want to come over and stare into the pantry with you!