Dining Room!


BEFORE

AFTER
Phillipians 1:6  "..he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion.."

That's right, we finished our dining room! There's been so much that's happened in the past few months that my mind is too full and tired to even start to type anything. So I apologize for my lack of words. I'm just going to keep it simple and say Praise God!



January 08

One of the first projects in this room was to stop the "rain" from coming through the ceiling after flushing the toilet. 
Big hole, new pipe!

No more hole.



August 09
Applying drywall, patching, sanding & many coats of primer



September 09
Final coats of paint, chair rail/wainscoting, painting wainscoting and trim




October 09
sanding the floor, staining it, and applying coats of polyurethane, repaint baseboard, put in radiators!



Our method of getting upstairs without touching the stained floor


our lovely demonstrator


stained floor finished and drying....
(in the dining room looking out into living room)


Coats of polyurethane finished and drying...


Installing our radiators!! HEAT!








Our new table that's been sitting in our barn waiting to come in


Dustin looking ecstatic that I'm taking a picture of him before eating his breakfast for the first time in the dining room. :)


6 Responses
  1. Laura Says:

    Janelle!!! IT looks awesome! You guys are doing amazing work! Uh, I have a kitchen that could use some updating....want to come to Arizona?? Just kidding. Looks great, I am sure you can't wait unti it's ALL done!


  2. I am beyond impressed!! So amazing that the two of you can tackle and complete room after gorgeous room! I think I am going to send your pictures to Better Homes and Gardens. Even they would be impressed!


  3. Jen Says:

    Wow - I am so proud of you two. The dining room in GORGEOUS. That wainscoting gives it that "right out of a magazine" look. Can't wait to come to your first dinner party! :-)


  4. Dale Says:

    I've said it before...you guys are both amazing. You are restoring a treasure, and I can't imagine how rewarding that must feel (besides tiring.) I am especially impressed with 'the lovely demonstrator.'


  5. Julie Says:

    love love love it! from every angle the dining room is beautiful. especially like that photo of the two of you staining the floor together. can't wait to come over and see it!


  6. Anonymous Says:

    whoa! love it! how exciting to have it done!