|
The day has come my friends!!! All the sweat, the dirt, the noise, the dust,
the smells, the frustrations, the waiting, the aches and pains, the tears,
the uncertainties and the late nights have finally come to an end!
(well..... until the next room.)
I knew my husband was a hard worker but never have I seen him sacrifice
so much to get this bedroom finished. He put his all into this room over
the past 6 months and I am so so proud of him. His work speaks for itself.
~
Master bedroom, Day 1 (November 08)
Tearing down bedroom wall
Goal: Add closets (January 09)
Tearing down the ceiling (January 09)
Recess lighting added (February 09)
Framed Closets (March 09)

Insulation and duct work added (March 09)
Drywall in closets and on ceiling added (March 09)
The tedious job of spackling (April 09)
First coat of Primer (May 09)
First coat of wall color (May 09)
Sanded floors (June 09)
Staining the floor (June 09)
Final coat of wall paint, final coat on trim
and finished floors (June 09) :)
A job well done... and that's an understatement
I'm not completely done decorating
but who cares, I have a bedroom!!!!
Hope you like it!
Fun Fact: this is the first time we've been able
to put all of our furniture in one room since we've been married. Woo!
"The end of a matter is more important than the beginning." You have certainly 'ended' this project beautifully, and with such hard work and perserverance. We are amazed and impressed at your talents and style!
I am just totally impressed!! What a transformation. "Before" and "after" pictures are some of my favorite things. Thanks so much for sharing. Can't wait for the next project to be shown.
Gorgeous!! And you have a great decorating style Janelle - it's a very soothing and peaceful room. Will you come over and decorate mine? :-)
it's gorgeous! you don't even need a lot on the walls to appreciate how calm it makes you feel. love the floors. love everything about it.