The Progress Continues...


Well if you read the last post, you know that the wall between two of 
our upstairs rooms have come down! In one of the pictures you could see the ceiling
sag. This past weekend taking it down was our project along with ripping up the floor 
boards to the other room. The dirt keeps a comin'! :)
~
The master bedroom ceiling is out!



Nasty insulation!

Onto the next project: The Floor
Me sweeping. See, I can do something.

ripping out the floor boards.

Ta-da!

our floor...

Dustin taking a break. Not completely satisfied with the
construction of the old beams. 

This is when he decided he was going to replace the 
floor joists in the floor. Back to work he goes.
The floor that he decided to replace is directly above our only
functioning bathroom. :) You can imagine my delight. 
However, Dustin and some helpers did another amazing job
at getting it fixed and cleaned in two days. TWO DAYS!

Here is one angle of the bathroom window so you can 
get an idea of the process...

Before

During

Old floor joists

floor joists out

New joists in!

View from the top floor

John, one of our helpers, 
not to mention awesome brother in law. 
Sub flooring almost finished!

Another helper getting rid of our scraps!

our electrician

New recessed lights in the bedroom.
Accents the buzz saw nicely don't you think?

6 Responses
  1. Julie Says:

    the cloud of dust looks like snow :)

    loving the frequent updates.


  2. Dale Says:

    Wow...you guys are amazing. Especially Dustin! My arms and back are hurting from simply painting a room and moving furniture. When I look at all you are doing and accomplishing, I am so impressed at your determination and hard work. And sweeping is a big help!! Your beautiful home will slowly emerge for all to see. It's the foundation that it's built on that makes all the difference! Love and prayers, mom


  3. I am sooooo proud of you and Dustin!! I love seeing each step of this journey and I am amazed at Dustin's skill in constuction. Please keep sharing and I will keep visiting and standing in awe of the two of you, and your great God!


  4. I am sooooo proud of you and Dustin!! I love seeing each step of this journey and I am amazed at Dustin's skill in constuction. Please keep sharing and I will keep visiting and standing in awe of the two of you, and your great God!


  5. Jen Says:

    Your house is going to be beautiful and very sound and safe. What a cozy feeling to look forward to! When it's all done, I promise you will look back at this time and feel like it went so fast! Hang in there sis! Good to see you today. :-)


  6. Anonymous Says:

    Your place looks great! Thanks for posting the progress! You married a very talented guy! Thinking of you! ~Ashley